Awesome List Of Google Voice Commands KitKat Updated
Google has highly integrated its personal assistant Google Now into the Android home screen. It has now a dedicated panel, which can be accessed with a swipe to the left. Also, you're able to trigger Google Voice Commands without touching your device by saying the magic words "Okay Google". This was, until now, only possible on the new Nexus 5 and the Moto X (Okay Google Now), but Google is working on a solution for older smartphone models. For now, if you have Android 4.1 or higher you simply have to click on the microphone icon in your Google Search bar to use voice commands.
Google Voice Commands
One thing is clear, Google Now has become a big part of the Android experience and will probably be even more prominent in future updates. For that reason, it's about time to get familiar with all the possibilities Google Now has to offer. To give you a good overview, we took the most important Google Voice Commands and listed them here.
So, go ahead, say the magic words or tap the heck out of that microphone button and try them out yourself!
Do you know any other important or funny commands which are not listed? Let us know.
• How old is [Neil deGrasse Tyson]?
• Where was [Louis C.K.] born?
• Define [colloquial] (Or “What does [colloquial] mean?”)
• What time is it in [Tokyo]?
• Search for [photography tips]
• Show me pictures of [the Leaning Tower of Pisa]
• Do I need an umbrella today? What’s the weather like? What’s the weather in [New Orleans] [this weekend]?
• What the [Google] stock price? What is [Apple] trading at?
• What’s [182 yards] in [miles]? What is [12 ounces] in [liters]?
• What’s  divided by [7.5]? (A great many types of math equations will work.)
• Search [Tumbler] for [cat pictures] (more apps are added to this search-within-apps function all the time)
• Open [ZDNet.com]
• Take a picture (“Take a photo” also works)
• Record a video
• Open [Spotify]
• Turn [on / off] [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Flashlight]
• What’s the tip for [123 dollars]?
• Set an alarm for [6:30 am]
• Set a timer for [20 minutes]
• Create a calendar event: [Dinner with Glenda, Saturday at 9pm.]
• Remind me to [buy coffee at 7am] (try locations! Remind me to [buy coffee filters at Walmart])
• What is my schedule for tomorrow? (also: What does my day look like [Friday]?)
• Where’s my package? (tracking confirmation must be in Gmail)
• Make a note: [update my router firmware] (also try “Note to self:” This works with multiple apps, and you can even email yourself!)
• Find [Florence Ion’s] [phone number] (Works with all info in your contacts - addresses, birthdays, etc.)
• Show me my bills. (or: My bills due this week.)
• Show me my last messages. (Then follow voice prompts)
• Call [Jon] (also works with relationships: Call [sister])
• Call [Hartman] on speakerphone
• Text [Susie] [great job on that feature yesterday] (also works with relationships: Text [mom] [I’m not going to be able to take you shopping, period, I’m sick in bed, period])
• Send email to [Robert Smith], subject, [hunting], message, [Do you want to go hunting, question mark]
• Post to [Twitter]: [Oh my god the Red Wedding episode!]
• What is French for [I am Charles]?
• [Send a Hangout message] to [Dad].
• Send a [Viber] message to [Derek]: Hang on, I'm going to get more coffee. (works with WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Telegram, and NextPlus)
Navigation and Travel
• Where is the nearest [sushi restaurant]?
• Navigate to [Willis Tower, Chicago]
• Directions to [Fisherman’s Wharf] by [bike] (also try “Directions home” or “How do I get home?”)
• Where is [the Louvre]?
• Show me the menu for [Chipotle]
• Call [Asian Art Museum]
• Show me my flight info
• Where’s my hotel?
• What are some attractions around here?
• How do you say [good night] in [Japanese]?
• What is [50,000 yen] in [dollars]?
• What’s the flight status of [United] flight ?
• Show me restaurants near my hotel -or- Give me directions back to my hotel (this works if your hotel confirmation was sent to your Gmail account)
• Play [solitaire] (also try tic-tac-toe)
• Play some music (opens “I’m feeling lucky” radio station in Google Play Music)
• Next Song / Pause Song
• Play [Happy] (songs must be in Google Play Music on your device)
• Watch [The Lego Movie] (movies and TV must be in your Google Play account)
• What’s this song?
• Listen to TV
• What songs does [Pharrell] sing?
• Read [Hunger Games]
• Did the [Steelers] win today? What’s the score in the [Pirates] game?
• What movies are playing [tonight]? Where is [Toy Story] playing?
• Say a team name to get the latest score during the season.
• When is the next [Steelers] game?
• Where are the [Pirates] in the [MLB] standings?
• Who does [Antonio Brown] play for?
• Who won [the Superbowl]?
• When is the [Stanley Cup final]?
Fun Hidden Stuff
Many of these deliver funny voice responses, but normal search results. Turn up your sound!
• What sounds does a [tiger] make?
• Flip a coin
• Roll dice (rolls a single six-sided die)
• What is the loneliest number?
• Do a barrel roll!
• Askew / Tilt
• Go go Gadget [Spotify]
• When am I?
• Make me a sandwich
• Sudo make me a sandwich
• Who’s on first?
• Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right
• Tell me a joke
• Who are you?
• Beam me up, Scotty!
• What is [Jennifer Lawrence’s] Bacon number?